Episode #2: Kwabena Agyemen
AI For Entrepreneurs
In this episode, Dr. Satya Mallick interviews Kwabena Agyeman, president of OpenMV
He is a Senior Embedded Systems Engineer by day and an Entrepreneur in his free time and develops Computer Vision Algorithms for Microcontrollers.
In 2015 he did a Kickstarter Campaign for a smart camera and raised $100k, but faced a setback when one component of the camera failed and 80% of the cameras were not usable.
In this episode, we will see how he fought back to deliver what he promised and how he takes out time from his busy schedule to follow his passion.
Listen to the podcast to know more about Kwabena Agyeman’s inspiring story.
- 0:00 Introduction of Kwabena Agyeman
- 1:44 Introduction of OpenMV
- 3:41 Difference between Microcontroller and System on chip
- 6:29 What is OpenMV Cam
- 11:54 What is MicroPython
- 16:34 Different features of OpenMV cam
- 37:45 How did you launch the Kickstarter Campaign and what happened after that
- 41:01 How did you build the community for the campaign
- 47:33 How do you manage time for OpenMV
- 51:44 How was your childhood and what influenced you the most
- 53:57 What got you interested in Electrical Engineering
- 56.40 Your advice to the undergrad students
- 1:01:41 How do you feel when someone clones your design
- 1:08:22 How can people communicate with you
- 1:19:39 What are your plans for the new Micro Cam