Episode #5 : Pietro Perona
AI For Entrepreneurs
In this episode, Gary Bradski, the founder of OpenCV, interviews Pietro Perona, Allan E. Puckett Professor of Electrical Engineering and Computation and Neural Systems at the Caltech.
Pietro Perona is known as a pioneer of computer vision. Currently, he is particularly interested in the visual analysis of behavior. Also, he and Serge Belongie founded Visipedia – a network of people and machines which is designed to harvest and organize visual information and make it accessible to everyone.
- 0:00 Introduction
- 1:54 Getting started in Berkeley
- 8:59 Working on the vision recognition in the ’90s
- 15:00 What is Visipedia
- 27:50 On pros and cons of modern deep learning technics
- 34:33 How to represent human vision system as an algorithm
- 39:55 Art and computer vision
- 50:04 What is the future of computer vision