The contest that began last year is nearing the finish line- with the announcement of our final prize, the winner of the Popular Vote as chosen by you in the OpenCV community, the OpenCV Spatial AI Contest will come to an end.
Before we make the big reveal, we at OpenCV would like to take the time to once again thank our sponsors at Intel and Microsoft Azure for making this contest possible, the 50 teams who participated in the finals, and last but not least, to everyone who submitted their projects. If you were chosen or not, it is an achievement to have participated in this momentous contest.
Without further ado… the winners of the OpenCV Spatial AI Contest Popular Vote and $1,000 cash prize are…
Popular Vote Winners: Team B-Arol-o’s Project ARNEIS!
Watch the team’s final presentation video which captured the hearts and minds of voters:
Congratulations, team. We had Team B-Arol-o on OpenCV Weekly Webinar back in March, and learned all about the project then. B-Arol-o was also one of the most prolific teams on social media, with a public source repository and documentation, and that appears to have paid off! This is great encouragement for teams to share progress early and often in the future.
You’ll be able to see the team be interviewed and give a demonstration on The AI Show with Seth Juarez on Friday, June 17th, 2022, at 11:00am Pacific.
Looking Back On OpenCV Spatial AI Contest
As with all long-running projects, it’s hard for it to end. Before we say goodbye to OpenCV Spatial AI Contest, let’s take a look back at some of the memories we’ve made since entries opened at Microsoft Ignite last year.
- Watch Phil Nelson, Seth Juarez, and the 3 prize winning teams from this year’s Microsoft Build in a session titled Spatial AI Contest –the developer’s journey
- See Team Potato Lovers with their Colorado Beetle Buster pest control project, our 3rd place winners, on OpenCV Weekly Webinar Episode 59
- Meet our esteemed panel of judges who chose the the 3 prize winning teams
- Read our blog posts of Team Profiles and Highlights: Part 1 and Part 2
- See Team Midwest Defenders, with their autonomous Rover vehicle from OpenCV Weekly Webinar Episode 53
- Learn about the “Computer Vision Poke-Yoke” on OpenCV Weekly Webinar Episode 47
- See Team EyeCan Reborn with their ScanNERF project, our Grand Prize Winners on OpenCV Weekly Webinar Episode 46
- See Team LA Inoculum with the AI-powered Petri Dish Scanner on OpenCV Weekly Webinar Episode 45
- Read a blog post from Joseph Nelson, CEO of Roboflow, about 5 projects he found the most interesting
- Watch the kickoff panel discussion from OpenCV Weekly Webinar Episode 38 featuring Ye Lu of Cortic Technology, Anna Petrovicheva of OpenCV, and Brandon Gilles, CEO of Luxonis.
Thanks so much for reading, watching, and being a part of this contest. People keep asking us- when is the next contest? So far we’re not telling, but we love hearing your suggestions and questions so keep them coming.
The best way to find out when we do announce the next big thing and apply is by subscribing to the weekly OpenCV mailing list. Sign up and you’ll always be the first to know.