What applications would you build with a smart camera that combines the power of neural inference with depth perception in real time?
As part of OpenCV’s 20th anniversary celebration, we are excited to announce OpenCV Spatial AI Competition sponsored by Intel.
Read on to know the details of how you can participate in the competition and win AI glory and many prizes. The top 15 teams will receive OpenCV AI Kit with Depth (OAK-D) and access to Intel’s Dev Cloud. The top 3 teams will receive $6k in prizes!
OpenCV AI Kit with Depth (OAK-D)
OAK-D is a variant of OpenCV AI Kit (OAK) capable of real time Spatial AI.
Purchase OpenCV AI Kits
Black Friday Sale
What is Spatial AI?
Spatial AI is the capability of an AI system to reason based on not just what it is looking at but also how far things are located.
OpenCV AI Kit with Depth (OAK-D) is a real time Spatial AI solution that utilizes its 12 MP RGB camera for deep neural inference and a stereo camera for depth estimation.
You can run a variety of deep learning models supported by OpenVINO, and OAK-D automatically augments them with spatial data from the integrated stereo depth engine.
OAK-D Technical Specs
- Integrated 4K 12 MP Color Camera
- JPEG, H.264 & H.265/HEVC Encoding
- Integrated 1 MP Global Shutter Synchronized Stereo Pair
- USB 3.0 Type-C Interface
- Use with any host OS that OpenVINO supports
- Disparity-Depth Min Distance: 69cm
- Extended-Disparity-Depth Min Distance: 35cm (available after KickStarter campaign)
- Stereo AI (Stereo Inference Min Distance): 19.6cm
- Stereo Camera Hyperfocal Distance: 19.6cm
- Stereo Camera Baseline: 7.5cm
- Stereo Horizontal Field of View (HFOV): 71 degrees
- Stereo Camera Resolution: 1280×800
- RGB Camera resolution: 4056×3040
- RGB (AutoFocus) Min Distance: 8cm
How to Participate in the Competition ?
You can enter the competition as an individual or as a team. The competition consists of two phases.
Phase 1 : Proposal
|Proposal (in PDF format)||Email [email protected]|
|Proposal Deadline||July 13, 2020|
|Results||July 20, 2020|
In the first phase, you to submit a 2-3 page proposal. The proposal must include two key elements:
- Problem Statement : A description of a real-world problem they will solve using OAK-D and the Intel Distribution of OpenVINO Toolkit with one month of effort.
- Team Capability : A description of the qualifications of the team. We would love to see any experience developing AI solutions for edge devices.
The applications will be evaluated on the two dimensions noted above. You and your team may be asked to do a video interview as part of the evaluation process.
Phase 1 Prizes
Based on your proposal 15 teams to advance to Phase Two. The teams will each receive the following
- A free OAK-D
- 30 days access to Intel DevCloud for the Edge.
- Support on our Slack channel for successful completion of the project for 30 days.
Phase 1 Results
The results for Phase 1 for the competitions are out. Please check the link below.
Phase Two – Development
|Submission Deadline||Aug 20, 2020|
|Results||Aug 27, 2020|
The 15 teams selected for the finals will have 4 weeks to complete their project and submit it to us.
OpenCV will choose 3 winners based on the quality of submitted projects.
Phase 2 Prizes
The winners will receive the following monetary prizes
- First Prize : $3,000
- Second Prize : $2,000
- Third Prize : $1,000
The contestant (winner) will bear any applicable bank transfer fees and/or Government taxes.
1) Eligibility: Contest is not open to residents of Cuba, Crimea, Iran, North Korea, Sudan and Syria. All national and local laws and regulations of the contestant’s country of residence apply. Residents of countries under U.S. embargo are not eligible to enter. Contestants must be 18 years of age or older. Employees, officers and representatives (and members of their immediate families and those living in the same household of each) of Intel Corporation, its parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies and any company involved in the design, execution, production or judging of this promotion (“contest entities”) are ineligible. Void where prohibited.
2) COMPLIANCE CERTIFICATION: OpenCV and Intel are committed to compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, policies and ethics rules. This notice is intended to ensure that your participation in this Contest will not violate any such laws, regulations, policies or rules. OpenCV and Intel seek no promises or favoritism for themselves or any of their affiliates in exchange for the opportunity to participate in the Contest. By entering the Contest, (i) you agree that your participation in the Contest – including your acceptance of any potential prize – will not violate any law, regulation, policy or rule of your country, state or government agency; and (ii) you certify that any potential prize is not in exchange for an agreement to influence a recent, pending or anticipated act or decision that may result in Intel obtaining or retaining business or a business advantage.
3) Release of Liability and Issues of Law: By participating, all entrants release OpenCV and Intel, their affiliates, partners, subsidiaries, officers, directors, agents, employees and all entities associated with the development and execution of this promotion from any and all liability with respect to and in any way arising from participating in this promotion, acceptance or use of prizes. Entrants also agree that OpenCV and Intel, their affiliates, partners, subsidiaries, officers, directors, agents, employees and all entities associated with the development and execution of this promotion are not responsible or liable for any injury or damage to an entrant’s or third person’s computer related to or resulting from the Contest, the submission and/or its prizes. OpenCV and Intel are not liable for damage to a user’s computer system (including, without limitation, any server failure or lost, delayed or corrupted data or other malfunction) due, either directly or indirectly, to an entrant’s participation in the Contest or downloading of information in connection with the Contest. OpenCV and Intel reserve the right to modify or cancel the Contest in the event that any portion of any website used to administer any aspect of the Contest becomes technically corrupted.
OpenCV and Intel assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries. OpenCV and Intel are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Intel on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in this contest or downloading any materials in this contest
All Federal, state and local laws and regulations are applicable. THE DELAWARE COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE CONTEST AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF DELAWARE SHALL GOVERN THE CONTEST. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THOSE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS. The Contest is void where restricted or prohibited by law.
OpenCV and Intel’s entire liability and your sole and exclusive remedy will be limited to a distribution of the equivalent amount of prizes as set forth above. By participating in the contest, you waive any and all rights to bring any claim or action related to such matters in any forum beyond one (1) year after the first occurrence of the kind of act, event, condition or omission upon which the claim or action is based.
4) Permission to use assets: By participating in this competition, the contestants grant OpenCV.org the right to use, in whole or in part, with or without modifications, computer code, images, videos, and other assets generated and/or submitted by the contestants as part of this competition.