The brief list of changes:
- experimental WinRT support
- new video super-resolution module
- CLAHE (adaptive histogram equalization) algorithm on both CPU and GPU
- further improvements and extensions in ocl module (stereo block matching and belief propagation have been added, fixed crashes on Intel HD4000)
- Visual Studio 2012 cv::Mat visualizer plugin debugger tutorial from Microsoft Research
- OpenCV4Android SDK improvements (NDK r8e support, native activity sample using OpenCV Manager, bug-fixes)
- ~25 reported problems have been resolved since 2.4.4, ~78 pull requests have been merged, thanks everybody who participated!
See the full ChangeLog for more information.
Welcome to use the latest and greatest OpenCV!
Please ask your questions in our Q&A forum.
OpenCV Development Team.